Sunday, June 5, 2016

Sinking Sun

This is my new painting. It was done with watercolour, FW acrylic inks, pens and inks in various colours.



It all started with splashing watercolour on paper. When painting the background I didn't have any idea what it would be. Just that I wanted to use yellow.


After this stage I looked at it for quite sometime trying to see what I was going to do with it... I turned the paper around, looking on how I would use it. I started adding some colours at the bottom. I quite liked that purple blob and it reminded me of a spiral.


After adding some swirls and spirals and colours it started to remind me of the sun sinking in the sea in Summer. I love the way it colours the sea. Now to finish it, add some details, paint a little more the sky and do the sun.



1 comment:

  1. I absolutely love this - the colours look fantastic together.

    ReplyDelete